About the role
Performs a full range of tax
activities for an assigned organization, in order to optimize the Tax position
of assigned unit.
* Leads a variety of Tax assignments, clarifying objectives.
* Determines the Tax principles and techniques to be employed.
* Coordinates the preparation of tax returns, examines accounts.
* Calculates taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations by required deadlines.
* Cooperates with tax advisors in order to optimize tax burdens.
* Manages or contributes to preparation of Financial statements and tax declarations.
* May act as first accountable point of contact for tax authorities. Independently researches and analyzes key issues.
* Provides financial accounting staff with technical tax advice and assistance.
* Prepares reports and studies for management as requested.
* Corresponds and negotiates with tax consultants at a tactical level.
*Handling the company's corporate tax affairs in a manner that achieves tax efficiency
*Assuring compliance with all applicable tax laws and other requirements which involves updating and optimizing internal procedures and manuals
Professional qualification with relevant bodies (i.e Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria)
- At least 6 years of domestic tax experience
- Some international tax experience is a plus
- Solid knowledge in VAT, WHT, CIT and transfer pricing
- Fluent in English (both verbally and written).
- Demonstrate strong commitment, perseverance and self-initiative
- Strong tax Research Skills
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
Job ID: 191966
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time