Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking an Operations Manager to manage our Electrical Services team in the Southern California market, focused on the Electrical Services business in the Los Angeles area. This position will directly manage our Project Managers, Electrical Service Specialists and Engineers in the execution of our electrical services business working with low- and medium-voltage power distribution systems including switchgear, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance. This person is responsible for supporting projects from cost review, pre-booking to final customer acceptance. S/he will supervise, direct, and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty of assigned projects while ensuring customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Projects typically consist of:
- Low- and Medium-Voltage Acceptance Testing
- Preventive Maintenance
- Repairs and Upgrades
- Power System Studies
- Large Turnkey Projects
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Supervise the activities, performance and development of Electrical Service Project Managers and Electrical Service Specialists.
- Provide technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for service projects, service agreements and T&M work in assigned geographic area or location.
· Responsible for planning, including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning.
- Responsible for all service and project activities including monthly financial and labor forecasting, monthly cost-to-complete reviews, and invoicing and collections for assigned projects, service agreements and T&M work.
- Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins.
- Direct and supervise the development of field personnel to ensure customer commitments are met within the estimated dollars.
- Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tool rentals, subcontractors) and provide any corresponding documentation.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams including proper pricing and scope of work definition for service agreement and service project opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the service work we perform for them.
- Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools where applicable.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance.
- Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
- Represent Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with customer, contractors and community leaders
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Five years of experience in the installation, maintenance, engineering, of low- and medium-voltage power distribution systems as noted in the position overview including at least two years of supervisory, project management, or operations management experience
- Required travel: 20%
- Other requirements:
- Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- PMI Project Management Professional certification preferred.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 191970
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.