Performs start up and check out of computerized fire alarm and/or security systems on a construction site or occupied facility in a commercial or industrial environment. Will use a laptop computer to document start up procedures and any problems found. Technician will troubleshoot installed equipment using a laptop, multi-meter, and hand tools. Computer skills as well as an electrical or fire alarm background are required. Ability to work on a construction site including the use of step ladders and scaffolding required.
- Performs point to point check out of installed equipment to verify functionality of fire alarm panels and components.
- Runs tests to verify proper sequence of operation of fire alarm systems
- Develops and troubleshoots software programming.
- Verify NFPA code compliance of installed system
- Backs up and restores data from data servers and laptop
- Troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; drives issues to resolution.
- Confirm proper network performance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training or equivalent experience required.
- NICET II certification a plus and required after 12 months employment.
- Electronics background required with the ability to troubleshoot fire alarm circuitry.
- 2-5 years experience with fire alarm systems or similar field preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints required.
- Card access and CCTV experience a plus
- Some IT knowledge or experience preferred.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Job ID: 191980
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.