- Participates in semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Participates in training customers on semi-complex products and services.
- Performs semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and maintains documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
- Participates in responding to semi-complex service or systems calls.
- Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment
that has been newly installed.
in the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with
engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the
review/modification of job specific programming via computer for various
systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass
notification); and in the review/modification and upload of point database,
review/modification of semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit
Technologies: participates in the verification of point database and
programming are consistent with scope of work for integration and sequence;
backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure;
troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence
of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical
support as/when needed; resolves basic issues; refers complex matters to
supervisor as needed. Participates in the set up and configuration of PC
workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols,
routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network
Site Communication and Coordination: provides support for the scheduling of
trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the
coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with
customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate
communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration
to their systems.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
- DDC Controls, Knowledge of Building Automation Systems, HVAC, electrical concepts and building operations experience.
- Working engineering and Programming experience.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
Job ID: 191991
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.