The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning Things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
We Make real what matters. This is your role
- To plan, co-ordinate and end to end implementation of all the 3rd Party procurement for Project activities for all Business Units in DI within the budget parameters and reporting accurately in One PUMA Web.
- Work as a individual contributor & will be responsible for procurement of IT related products & services for project requirements
- Purchasing strategies & initiatives : Define purchasing strategies & initiatives based on market conditions, market analysis of IT products like Servers, Industrial PCs, Networking Cables, Hardware and Software products etc. to be sourced & vendor profile in order to maximize purchase efficiency.
- Tech, methods & processes: Based on Customer requirement, refer the product/services specifications, Select the suppliers based on approved list or from supplier database, Initiate the RFQs and arrange Techno-commercial negotiations, Co-ordinate procurement by using Nexus and SCM Star, Documentation, Plan, implement & monitor process to meet customer delivery timelines & specifications in order to optimize time for quality output
- VENDOR DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT: Identify, select & register new vendors, Create and maintain supplier database. Perform Vendor rating, review and reporting of non-performers & record corrective actions. Develope alternate sources to have challenging environment during finalization stage.
- Cost reduction: Utilization of Siemens tools, 101 procurement levers during negotiation. Cost reduction Initiatives through Standardization, Cost models and CVE levers.
How do you qualify for this role :
- Basic knowledge of IT products like Servers, Industrial PCs, Networking Cables, Firewalls, other Hardware and Software products and services is must.
- Knowhow on Cyber Security, IOT Cloud, Dot Net, Java, PLM Software will be added advantage.
- Candidate with Diploma/BE/B-Tech in IT / Computer Science and 10+ years experience with min 4 years experience in procurement functions
This role is based in Kalwa Location. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 192034
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time