Firmware Engineer - Electrical Vehicle Supply Equipment
What are my responsibilities?
- To be responsible for the firmware design of EVSE products based on the clarification to customer requirement and use cases
- Follow product requirement, define firmware engineering specification and validation plan.
- To be responsible for firmware concept design, detail design and validation. Complete design reviews to meet project schedule.
- To be responsible for firmware design change and support related departments to implement and make sure the products are updated timely.
- To be responsible for firmware design to support hardware debug, validation, certification, ICT/FCT/EOL FT development and RCA.
- Support business team in technical clarification with customers during RFI and RFQ.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor or master degree major In electronic, computer or automation science or equivalent; More than 5 years of working experience at firmware design related work;
- Strong programming and debugging skills C/C++ language and strong ability to fix C/C++ programming bugs;
- Solid experience on system requirement analysis. Familiar with UML is an advantage;
- Solid experience for code source version management. e.g. ClearCase, SVN will be advantage;
- Solid experience on 8/16/32 bits micro controller and relative peripheral interface application development;
- Familiar with embedded Linux, RTOS, BSP and device drivers (e.g. USB, UART, GPIO, I2C, or memory).
- Familiar with different communication technology (e.g. CAN, PLC, Ethernet, BLE, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, 4G …);
- Prior working experience on terminal power distribution product (e.g. RCD, over voltage protection) development is an advantage;
- Experience on power converter (AC/DC, DC/DC) firmware development is an advantage;
- Experience on AC/DC wallbox firmware development is an advantage;
- Familiar with TCP/IP or other data protocols is an advantage (e.g. OCPP, SEP 2.0);
- Experience on Labview is an advantage;
- Experience on FPGA is an advantage;
- Experience on signal processing and Matlab is an advantage;
- Experience in automotive industry is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, good verbal and written English, CET4 above. Be adaptive to conference call during night time with global teams;
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently on extended assignments. Excellent team player. Quick learner and keen problem solver;
Job ID: 192051
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time