Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally.
As a Siemens Healthineers company, NEO New Oncology GmbH is a dynamically growing diagnostics company offering products for molecular tumor profiling to identify optimal treatment options for cancer patients. Our technology platform “NEO” is based on next generation sequencing and proprietary computer algorithms. NEO reliably identifies therapy-relevant genetic alterations from standard clinical material such as FFPE specimens and liquid biopsies with short turnaround times and highest accuracy. Within NEO, we make a difference in the lives of people in need of cancer diagnostics to support therapy optimization and improved outcomes.
Then come and join our executive management team in the role of Chief Technology Officer (m/w/d) Molecular Diagnostics NEO New Oncology GmbH.
a role well suited to an experienced and ambitious professional, looking for
the next step in your career.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will strategically develop and co-position NEO’s product portfolio towards the need of the diagnostic market in the field of oncology and pathology, focusing on the German and European market to ensure long term business expansion.
- You will lead and manage the development, project management and laboratory team and stand in close interaction with other departments at NEO.
- As the overall responsible head you will guide, support and secure the development of new NEO assays and products, pipeline improvements as well as the further accelerate the performance of existing products.
- You will be accountable for the compliancy of our product development process to applicable standards (e.g. ISO 13485 and 62304).
- Your duties will include the management of the validation and verification of the test procedures performed and establishment of the precise and accuracy internal test performance characteristics.
- As part of the executive management team you will assure the compliance of scientific standards and data quality contributing to the development and implementation of the company strategies.
- Be a leader for an exciting team of developers, technicians and project managers.
- Be a sparring partner for the CEO for future growth and acceleration.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at www.newoncology.com
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have worked for 10+ years in the diagnostic field, related to medical devices, oncology, NGS and/or molecular testing.
- Your knowledge of the German, European and world-wide diagnostic market in oncology and pathology is excellent.
- You have successfully completed a degree in a natural science or medicine with a sound knowledge of the diagnostic, pharmaceutical and medical industry.
- You bring a proven track record of product development and leadership under medical and/or pharma ISO-regulated standards
- You are familiar to work under quality standards like IVDD, IVDR, German Medical Device Law, GDPR, ISO 13485, 42 CFR 493 (CLIA) and ISO standards applicable to IVDs
Your attributes and skills:
- You are a people person and have proven leadership skills in managing a technically and project driven team as well as being experienced in guiding project teams.
- As the leader for NEO Technology you must be highly organized, highly procedural and methodical, be self-motivated and proactive, have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, work comfortably with business senior leadership, work comfortably in a collaborative setting.
- Ideally you are a strategic and creative thinker, your keen eye for details, supports your ability to handle a wide range of different topics and meet tight deadlines.
- Your strong decision-making skills and your ability to stay calm in times of uncertainty and stress will help you.
- Since you are interacting with international colleagues, excellent English & German skills (spoken and written) are necessary and knowledge of other languages is of advantage.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at www.healthcare.siemens.de/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities. Applications from individuals with disabilities
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Arne Wassermann.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Job ID: 192073
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: NEO New Oncology GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time