Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
What are my job responsibilities?
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will perform system level verification and validation in a virtual development and validation framework.
- You will integrate required models, software, and hardware into the XiL (X-in-the-Loop) environment, to perform virtual tests of subsystems such as autonomous vehicles or intelligent infrastructure services under consideration of relevant safety aspects. You will create virtual road networks and traffic scenarios utilizing TASS International’s Prescan Virtual Test Drive software.
- You will identify new opportunities within the calibration and validation communities to utilize simulation, in order to quickly develop and validate ADAS/AV control systems with less reliance on physical test properties.
- You will identify XiL system limitations and stay abreast of new technology to enhance capabilities.
- You will work with sensor data fusion, embedded, traffic simulation and sensor teams to establish and review testing methodologies and work products to ensure safety compliance.
- You will use statistical analysis methods to determine system failure rates within acceptable confidence levels.
- You will help to define and execute systems certifications in a safety critical environment.
- Delivering presentations to stakeholders will be another element of your role.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- You hold a master’s degree in information technology, mathematics, physics or engineering and ideally hold a PhD degree.
- You have several years of experience with ADAS/autonomous simulation, including virtual environment and sensor modeling software - such as Prescan, HEEDS, VIRES Virtual Test Drive (VTD), CARLA, Carmaker, SCANeR, rFactor, CarSim, Forum8, or Mathworks Automated Driving System Toolbox.
- Good control of OO design and implementation using C++, MATLAB/Simulink and Robot Operating System (ROS), networking, databases, data management, software version control, high performance computing and network license servers.
- Active safety or autonomous control system software development or calibration experience.
- You have experience in system level functional hazard analysis and validation.
- Furthermore, system validation experience according to standards such as: ISO-26262, ISO/PAS 21448 (SOTIF), ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508 is known to you.
- In addition, profound knowledge in administration of databases (relational and non-relational database systems) is desirable.
- You are a strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in English and familiarity with German language is an added advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: 192096
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time