Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s Ingenuity for life.
For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It’s our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100
Employers 2018 (eight times total), one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018
(six times total) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2018 (two
Approximately 4,300 employees across Canada work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing. We stand for engineering excellence, innovation, reliability and responsibility.
As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has stood for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
As the Site manager you will ensure the provision of a first-class Service in accordance with the terms and conditions of the respective contract, the needs of the customer and Siemens Healthineers core values. The service must be provided in accordance with the contractual key performance indicators or other defined measures with the objective of achieving consistently high customer and staff satisfaction results and maximising financial performance according to agreed objectives.
You will be responsible for the day to day planning, organising of both technical and administrative staff as well as managing key subcontractors.
Local internal contacts will include the Operations Manager and other members of the immediate Siemens Healthineers team; in addition, there will be the need to interface with other Siemens Healthineers employees and management at all levels at various locations.
External contacts will include clinicians, staff and management from the hospital and suppliers.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Manage all aspects of service delivery in line with contractual expectations, including the planned maintenance and reactive repair activity to successfully fulfil the service performance criteria.
· Maintain effective management control of staff and sub-contractors to ensure maximum utilization of the available resources such that all contractual commitments are satisfactorily achieved. Ensuring that equipment of critical importance to the hospital is receiving priority attention.
· Prepare the reporting required for the Hospital Governance Committees.
· Offer advice to clinical users across all departments within the hospital on usage and provision of equipment including the management of the Investment Plan. Ensuring equipment meets the agreed output specifications and is replaced according to the given technology lifecycle.
· Facilitate the procurement process by managing the customer’s Clinical User Groups and ensuring timelines are met for procurement tasks.
· Actively seek and initiate efficiencies and operational process improvements to control costs and create savings against budget.
· Ensuring all complaints/commendations are appropriately logged and actioned as mandated by the Business.
· Project Management of the equipment replacement program
· Oversee the more general procurement process ensuring that all contracts, services etc. comply with company standards and policies and are within the budget.
· Develop long term partnerships through constructive and proactive engagement with clinicians, staff and management, of the respective hospitals and/or the consortium's.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
· Preferably educated to degree level with extensive post qualification work experience within a service and/or project-based environment.
· Proven experience of successfully managing contracts relating to projects/service-based operations preferably within a medical equipment or hospital environment.
· Good commercial/financial awareness.
· A proactive approach to service delivery/management.
· A team player with good interpersonal skills.
· Good communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to deal with customers and staff at levels.
· Professional, report writing skills.
· A good degree of computer literacy and knowledge as it relates to Office software and bespoke service management packages.
· Preferred familiarity with Service delivery processes and systems would be an advantage.
Job ID: 192119
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.