Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Currently we’re recruiting interns for our spring 2020 Strategic Student Program. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
- Able to work from our State College, PA office location without relocation assistance
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Lifecycle Collaboration Software
As part of our Lifecycle Collaboration Software (LCS) organization, you will become immersed in development projects for our Teamcenter Lifecycle Visualization software. You will be engaged with many software engineering tools / features, and client-server architecture related topics to develop feasible solutions.
The suite of Teamcenter Lifecycle Visualization products provides our customers with the industry’s most powerful real-time digital prototyping solution that allows access to and visualize design information, including 2D drawings in most major 2D formats, and 3D CAD data (in JT™ format), throughout the product lifecycle. Teamcenter leverages the lightweight JT visualization format, so you can quickly load, navigate through, and analyze extremely complex assemblies in the context of their structure. As a team member supporting Teamcenter Visualization, your responsibilities will include:
- Participation on a Scrum team to support the popular “Agile” software development methodology
- Engagement with the Teamcenter Visualization Team (Product Management, Development, Quality Assurance, Documentation and Customer Support) to support the full life cycle of product development
- Diving into requirements definition, in-depth analysis, and code implementation
- Discovering innovative solutions to meet evolving customer use cases
- Assist updating applications to utilize latest version of third party libraries
- Validating software quality through unit testing, writing automated tests, and bug fixing
· Organization Requirements:
- Studying for a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong coding skills in C, C++, JAVA, and XML.
- Have experience with, or able to learn, development environments (Microsoft Visual Studio), development tools, and Windows/Unix environments
- An interest in automated testing and test driven development
- Write clean, robust and maintainable code
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Inspire collaboration / curious question asker
- Driven and self-motivated with ability to work independently and conduct research under guidance
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.