Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our Summer 2020 Strategic Student Program. Our co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions
available in software development, user experience, data management, technical
marketing, engineering consulting, and research & design innovation. More
information on our specific roles are included in this document.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or junior status
- Able to work from State College, PA without relocation assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Technology & Innovation User Experience
We have a position open as a User Experience Intern within our Technology and Innovation Office. We are currently looking for a student to join our User Experience team to:
- Partner with senior software engineers to design, develop, implement and test UX Supporting Tools
- Support the popular “Agile” software development methodology, participating in scrums and projects supporting continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Discover innovative solutions to meet evolving customer use cases.
- Validate software quality through testing and bug fixing.
- Studying for a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong coding skills in a high-level programming language such as C++, C#, JAVA and/or PHP
- Have experience with, or able to learn, development environments (Microsoft Visual Studio), development tools, and Windows/Unix environments
- An interest in Web Development and UX, any experience in UX considered a plus
- Write clean, robust and maintainable code
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Inspire collaboration / curious question asker
- Driven and self-motivated with ability to work independently and conduct research under guidance
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.