Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, or related field
• Strong experience in battery performance diagnostics, testing and characterization
• Strong experience in operation and maintenance of utility scale battery storage systems, including lithium-ion based systems
• Theoretical and experimental understanding of battery chemistries / physics
• Self-starter, with ability to lead technical initiatives and globally distributed teams
• Good organizational skills, with ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% time for domestic and international travel
• Postgraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, or related field
• Experience with battery modeling and optimization for grid applications
• Familiarity with EHS/QM standards and best practices in battery systems design, operation, maintenance, and recycling
• Familiarity with factory/site acceptance testing and commissioning of battery storage systems
• Industry and/or research experience with emerging energy storage technologies including flow batteries, thermal storage, hydrogen, ammonia or similar power to x technologies
Job ID: 192160
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.