Siemens Logistics LLC is a provider of logistic industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support and outstanding customer service for Siemen Logistics products and services. The successful candidate must be hands on, solutions oriented, able to multi-task and provide technical support to Siemens’ customers over the phone, via company website or email, using remote software, or site visits when applicable. The Senior Technical Support Engineer must be able to discuss failures and provide feedback regarding specific customer repairs, trends being observed/discovered, and product repair history. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to absorb and learn quickly and be able to continuously grow. This individual will also provide a high level of customer service, responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations within a timely manner.
- Participate in providing technical support to customers remotely and/or on-site.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware product issues and take ownership of customer reported issues through resolution.
- Use various tools, test equipment, documentation and processes to deliver solutions to customers and increase customer satisfaction.
- Make modifications to technical documents and suggest improvements to improve overall product life cycle.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged and escalated accordingly.
- Document technical knowledge in form of technical bulletins and manuals.
- Communicate problems/solutions through written and verbal channels with manager and team members as required.
- In coordination with Training Department, prepare and conducts technical training sessions.
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
- Provide onsite emergency support at customer location, as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2—5 years of related experience in a related field or product knowledge, such as automated equipment or conveyor systems.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined cross departmental environment
- Working knowledge of electrical circuits, program logic controllers, motor controllers and mechanical components.
- Experience verifying and documenting product manuals
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues using various sources, such as AutoCAD, electrical print, etc., to find solutions for customer issues
- Must be able to lift to 100lbs.
- Must be capable of bending, crawling and working in tight spaces.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues at one time.
Must be very diligent and detail oriented with the ability to be self sufficient when given general guidance and parameters.
Work independently while maintaining positive relationships across various groups
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictates and support a 24/7 operation.
- Ability to navigate computer programs and GUI interfaces.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Familiarity with Siemens Postal and/or Commercial Mail Solutions
Travel Requirements: must be able to travel up to 40%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 192165
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.