Siemens Digital Industries Software
Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Currently we’re recruiting interns for our summer 2020 Strategic Student Program. Our internship program will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in Product Engineering Software – our development group focused on NX, a 3D modeling software. More information on our specific roles are included in this document.
· Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company
- Able to work from Cypress, CA without relocation assistance
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Product Engineering Software
Industry Web Application
As an intern in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing our premiere NX CAD software. You will have the opportunity to design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products, with focus on surpassing customers’ expectations by achieving high quality and on time delivery. You will be responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism. You will also create, document, and execute software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas. While you will work with general supervision on complex projects and have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers, it will also be important to act with independent judgment when necessary. Projects will focus on two main disciplines:
- Cloud Web Development
o Building and supporting web-based applications, services, and systems
o Develop cloud platform services with a microservice-based architecture to be consumed in multiple applications within the PES organization
o Follow Agile Software Development methodology
o Adhere to best practices in coding, documentation, test automation, and deployment
o Contribute in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD) environment
- NX development
o Use the Siemens CAD software, NX, for development work
o Experience with C++ and object oriented programming
o Assist in maintaining our existing software product by analyzing and defining solutions to reported problems
o Work with customers to understand and improve our NX CAD software
o Ensure ongoing quality of our software product for our customers
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, or a first year Master’s student, in Computer Science
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling Software is a plus
- Cloud or Amazon Web Service (AWS) experience is beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Passionate, driven, and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
· Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Inspires collaboration
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.