Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical sales estimator to help grow our Commercial Buildings, Healthcare, Higher Education and Local Government business in the Sacramento CA area and in those vertical markets. Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and influencing skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions, whether it’s in the new construction market or direct end-user service market.
- Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, and all of which start from Day One of employment
The Fire Service Sales Estimator reports to the Fire Service Sales Manager in West Sacramento, California to support the growth and sales productivity of the Fire Service Sales Team. In this role, this individual will primarily focus on maintaining proper spreadsheets of test & inspection deficiencies, estimating, generating proposals, follow-up, data tracking, and inputting data into our CRM while up-selling agreements to drive growth of the service business.
- Track and coordinate all test & inspection deficiencies for fire alarm, sprinkler, etc.
- Support customers, operations, and service sales team by selling deficiencies based on inspection reports.
- Complete customer report requests.
- Process new accounts in CRM.
- Up-sell agreements/services etc.
- Participate in sales and operations meetings as necessary.
- Cold-call (over phone) and qualify prospects.
- Gather cost information from subcontractors and internal sources.
- Deliver scope work requirements to Operations.
- Lead and coordinate the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for fire solutions and services.
- Obtain quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services.
- Ensure timely response to sales, allowing for proposal preparation and completeness of package given to sales.
- Complete bid project take-offs, interpret specifications, and develop of bill of materials (BOM).
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs to develop deeper customer and project understanding.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High School diploma, state-accredited GED, or state-recognized high school placement exam.
- Experience in Sales Estimation or Sales for Technical jobs and can come from the Fire Controls, Fire Alarm, Fire Sprinkler, Construction, Electrical or Mechanical Industries.
- Required experience: Demonstrable ability to comprehend, explain, and estimate labor and materials associated with the type of deficiencies related to fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other Requirements:
- Proficient with written and communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred experience: Two years of field and sales in the Fire industry.
Job ID: 192222
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.