• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems, or related field
• Strong expertise and experience in embedded systems design and development, with preference to experience directly applicable to renewable industry
• Knowledge of AC/DC high, medium, low voltage and control circuits with advanced knowledge and strong experience in testing and diagnostics of low and medium voltage systems
• Working knowledge of the renewable industry, its standard electrical components and control architectures
• Self-starter, with ability to lead technical R&D initiatives, while also supporting globally distributed teams for remote diagnostics and infrequent, in-field troubleshooting
• Ability and interest in developing and/or reviewing engineering documentation and support materials
• Good organizational skills, with ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% time for domestic and international travel
• Postgraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems, or related field
• Strong experience in advanced sensor technologies and digital solutions for operation and maintenance of power plants / renewable energy systems
• Experience with performance and condition monitoring of utility-scale battery storage systems
• Strong experience in wind park and/or solar park control and SCADA development, operation, and troubleshooting, with preference to experience with hybrid park controllers.
• Experience with grid interconnection requirements and grid codes, power analysis and site specific solutions
Job ID: 192239
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.