Company: SISW - Mentor
Job Title: Development Test Engineer –Signal Integrity - 192256 - SISW - MG
Job Location: USA – Longmont, CO
Job Category: R&D Software Engineering
Mentor, (a Siemens Business) is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our Electronic Board Systems Division in Longmont, Colorado develops world class printed circuit board design tools and we currently have an opening with our R&D Engineering group for an Experienced Test Engineer.
Work as a member of the Analysis & Verification product development team (for more info on the tools we create see www. hyperlynx.com) with a specific focus on quality testing of the resulting product.
- · Create and run smoke tests that can be run quickly and often to increase our ability to find new defects or regressions.
- · Create test plans to exercise new product functionality manually to stress the product by investigating corner cases, misuse, error conditions, etc.
- · Sponsor quality process and proceduresthroughout the entire product lifecycle including inspections, requirements and quality improvement.
- · Develop/Enhance and maintain regression harness and automation framework required to automate testing of our products.
- · Perform detailed manual tests. Escalate functionality issues and consequences to management in a timely manner.
- · Provide detailed description of procedure steps to reproduce the issue and estimation of behavior with description of expected and actual results.
- · Learn the product line and itsenvironments, master new tools including third parties ones as needed.
- · Record past verification and validation efforts to ensure reproducibility of results. Assess technical capability of product, including ease of use, functionality, reliability, and performance.
- · Test product for defects and limitations, and boundaries.
- · Review functional and design specifications and other project documentation.
- · Review internal and external product and release documentation and provide appropriate input to others, e.g. documentation teams, third party providers, etc.
- · Review issues from customer support when needed and provide work-around where possible.
- · Coordinate efforts with extended product development and release teams
- · Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with Emphasis on Signal Integrity/Power Integrity/EMC/RF/Microwave preferred with 2 years of industry experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of industry experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- o Understanding of Transmission line theory, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity fundamentals •
- o Experience with PCB Signal Integrity, Power Integrity and Electromagnetic simulation tools like HyperLynx SI/PI/Thermal, HyperLynx DRC, HyperLynx Fullwave Solver, SPECCTRAQuest, Power SI, Quantum Channel Designer, HFSS or HSpice
- o Familiarity with EDA software, such as Schematic entry, Board layout (PCB) tools
- o Familiarity with modeling languages like IBIS, VHDL, Verilog-A, SPICE
- o Experience with any of the scripting languages like Python, VB Scripting, shell scripting, Perl, MATLAB
- o Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle
- o Strong desire to be part of Software and EDA Industry Must have ability and desire to work within a global engineering environment, with multiple assignments and associated timeframes.
- o Solid communication skills are needed in order to be successful, as well as coordinating activities within a strong team culture.
#LI – MGRP
#LI – CF1
Job ID: 192256
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.