With our innovations for energy supply, healthcare, urban infrastructures and industrial productivity, we provide answers to urgent questions of our time. That’s why we’re always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. People like you?
We are searching for an experienced Pre-Sales Engineer with a strong track record in the IT field to promote the Industrial Communication & Identification portfolio of the company (Industrial Networking, Wireless, Cybersecurity & RFID, OID, RTLS).
The successful candidate has to demonstrate profound networking engineering experience, a good understanding of the specific industrial environment for networking solutions, and a passion for delivering high-quality Automation and Digitalization solutions to the end customers.
What are my responsibilities?
• Work closely with the Regional Sales Manager in all aspects of the technical presales and implementation process from requirements analysis to successful evaluation
• Lead technical negotiations and engage with customers to demonstrate and prove our solutions (POC)
• Develop and deliver customized technical sales presentations to customers and partners
• Assistance in the management and maintenance of RFP/RFI responses and field knowledge base
• Work closely with company-wide inside sales and technical support teams
• Manage continuous feedback from customers and prospects to marketing, engineering, and sales
• Keep up-to-date his/her technical expertise, best practices to successfully run complex projects
• Manage and conduct technical training to partners or customers
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Master’s degree in IT, Telecom or equivalent field of study
• At least 3-5 years of successful technical presales and/or systems engineer /consultant experience in networking technology (preferably industrial)
• Ability to design, propose and convey complex technical design information in response to customer requirements
• Substantial practical experience with TCP/IP
• Knowledge and understanding of network/security issues and solutions
• Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Ability to acquire new technical skills quickly and contribute to a wide range of projects
• Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work productively with minimal guidance
• Strong self-motivated person with a natural focus on quality and accuracy
• English language (at least upper-intermediate)
• Readiness for frequent business trip