Java / C++ Developer, Software Engineer – Advanced
Design and implement client-side Java and server-side C++ and refactor existing code in Simcenter STAR-CCM+ in order to support additional functionality, better performance, improved user workflows, and web clients.
Maintain quality and backward compatibility while making large-scale changes to existing software.
This position reports to the Manager of the Core Framework team in the Platform department working on Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
- Create and document high-quality, extensible software promptly.
- Collaborate as part of a large, distributed group of developers.
- Travel when necessary (up to 3%) to collaborate with other teams.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Communicate project status during regular meetings.
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and Stash.
position requires at least a master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Information Science (or foreign equivalent) and 3 years’ progressive, post-academic experience in software design and development
a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Science (or foreign equivalent) and 5 years’ progressive, post baccalaureate experience in software design and development.
- Programming Java clients in NetBeans (the framework, not the IDE) or a similar framework.
- Application development with large-scale datasets and stringent performance and quality requirements.
- Navigating large, legacy code bases.
- Developing a scientific or engineering software application.
- Using a distributed version control system such as Git.
- Issue management using Jira or a comparable system.
- Facility with modern IDEs.
- Austin TX noted as work location, however, Melville NY and Lebanon NH would also work.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Programming in modern C++.
- Programming web applications.
- Expertise in Physics and Mathematics
Job ID: 192316
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.