Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Mission: To support Integrally Geared compressor sales in the Asia Pacific region by developing project specific selling propositions and assisting with technical expertise the Sales Managers. Process starts from pre-acquisition activities to handover to project execution team. Scope includes all technical aspects of proposed equipment, and partially development of costs and support to Sales Managers for commercial aspects as required. Assist Sales Managers in customer meetings as required with technical expertise of the Siemens I product capabilities and features.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Conceptual solution development, including project screening, to develop unique selling propositions for all opportunities the business proposes (may be in consultation with Sales Managers as required) with respect to Electrical and I&C engineering.
- Hands on experience on P&ID development, Instrumentation List/Datasheet, Signal list , Hook ups , JB drawing , wiring drawings & interconnection .
- Control System cabinet design, DCS Architecture, DCS/PLC Hardware selection, Logic Diagram, Cause & Effect charts .
- Selection of Instruments, Control Valves, Junction Boxes , Cables .
- Programming of I&C devices (such as BN 3500, VM600, Simatic S7 based Control System) à this is no job requirement
- Analyzation of customer electrical specifications, specification and inquiry of electrical drives (fix speed motors) with starting device and evaluation of sub vendor offersMust be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced team environment.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Minimum 6-9 years of work experience in engineering Oil & Gas industry preferably in Rotating Equipment’s.
· Good technical knowledge of motor and drives , instrumentation and control systems.
· Knowledge of applicable standards & regulations i.e. IEC, Class requirements etc.
· 20% Travelling required
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 192337
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time