If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. It's an opportunity to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens !
Your role – international, challenging and future-oriented
In this role you will lead the high-performance Media Relations in the Middle East based in the UAE (Dubai or AbuDhabi). While providing state-of-the-art and best-in-class “classic” media relations, you will actively support the transition of the press office at the edge of the digital age. We shape and safeguard the reputation of Siemens Energy as a global technology leader and responsible corporate citizen
- Together with the Head of Middle East Communications, you define the media relations strategy for Middle East, develop an internal and external influencer management strategy and an overall media road map for the year.
- You are our media spokesperson and represent the company externally.
- Build a powerful 360° PR strategy around Siemens Energy business & technology. Contribute to the digitalization of the Communications function and think creatively towards Innovation/Technology.
- Responsible for developing and executing stories on all external and internal channels while maintaining a transversal view of current topics across the company, including regular reporting and analysis of news performance.
- Plan and coordinate proactive communication measures (e.g. press conferences, press workshops, press trips), ensure they are implemented and always have an eye on Social Media activities in and around Siemens.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the other departments, i.e. Market Communications, Global Communications and PR Team.
- Manage existing relationships with external partners and build sustainable new ones, i.e. Influencers.
- Drive exciting communication challenges while the company advances from an old fashioned conglomerate towards Siemens Energy. Position the executives across different online and offline events, write speeches and develop briefing materials.
- Lead a Media Relations squad across the region to support a high performing, empowered and accountable culture in the organization.
Your qualifications and skills – digital and solid
- University degree in journalism, public relations or other relevant topics
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in PR or journalism
- Solid understanding of contemporary PR AND the disruptive changes in the global media environment; you can drive innovative ideas in this field.
- Desire to master the latest platforms, experiment with new storytelling and content-creation tools, and apply social media techniques to boost engagement and buzz
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic is essential
- Outstanding team player who takes initiatives and is results-oriented
What else do I need to know ?
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
Job ID: 192346
Company: Siemens LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time