Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Industries Division as a Technical Support Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
We are looking for a skilled PLC or SCADA engineer to join our Technical Support team based in Manchester. Siemens provides class leading support to some of the biggest and most demanding automation installations in GB&I and this is a great opportunity to work in a friendly team environment providing support on our world class range of Totally Integrated Automation products.
Although primarily an internal role based at our Manchester office, occasional site visits and overseas training may be required.
What are my responsibilities?
- First level telephone and email support for Great Britain and Ireland customers.
- Second level problem investigation and resolution.
- Co-ordination of escalated cases to Headquarters.
- Taking an accurate brief from the customer regarding their technical problem and diagnosing the fault within a specified time frame.
- Using questioning techniques to identify the problem and to be able to identify when issues need escalating
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Applicants should be qualified to NVQ / HND / HNC / Degree level in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or a relevant Automation discipline, ideally with experience in the application of SCADA systems.
- Previous experience in the application, programming and support of the Siemens range of PLCs and HMI systems would be advantageous but is not essential as full product training will be provided.
- As this position involves considerable liaison with customers at all levels excellent interpersonal skills, in particular communication skills, are essential.
- Candidates should also enjoy working as part of a team and the ability to work under pressure is essential.
- A good understanding of IT concepts including Security, Databases and Operating Systems is desirable.
- Candidates must also be IT literate.
We’ve got a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close cooperation with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 192407
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time