Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software Inc!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting interns for our Summer 2020 Strategic Student Program. Our internship positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions
available in software development, user experience, data management, technical
marketing, engineering consulting, and research & design innovation. More
information on our specific roles are included in this document.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics
- Able to work from our Shoreview, MN office location without relocation assistance
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Lifecycle Collaboration Software
As part of our Lifecycle Collaboration Software (LCS) organization, you will become immersed in development projects for our Teamcenter software. Teamcenter is our database management software, which allows customers to digitally manage product and manufacturing data. Teamcenter virtually connects and enables collaboration with key players across the product development line. In LCS you will help define new approaches and create fresh functionality. Your responsibility will be to engage in one of our innovative teams by:
- Designing and developing Teamcenter framework and tools
- Creating tools, utilities and script development for automation
- Diving into requirements definition, in-depth analysis, and code implementation
- Discovering solutions to our problem reports
- Studying for a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Coding skills in C, C++, C#, JAVA or XML
- Knowledge of standard internet security mechanisms around authentication, authorization, encryption would be a plus
- Have experience with, or able to learn, development environments (Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse), development tools, and Windows/Unix environments
- Write clean, robust and maintainable code
- Inspire collaboration
- Be a curious question asker
- Driven and self-motivated to explore and learn
· Championing all steps in the software development lifecycle (specs, design, construction, test planning and execution)
· Validating software quality through unit testing, writing automated tests, and bug fixing
Analyzing data and reviewing our build/test metrics to make key recommendations
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.