Siemens is seeking a Building Technologies Operations Manager to lead maintenance and retrofit projects throughout the western United States. These projects will include building automation, fire & life safety, and security. This manager drives the successful planning and engineering of all required project development activities leading to achievement of order intake, revenue and profit budgets, as well as customer and employee satisfaction goals. This position will manage Project Development personnel as a total Zone-level organization either directly or indirectly through managers reporting to this position.
While this position has responsibility for the entire Pacific Zone, we prefer that the manager calls one of the two major markets their home (Los Angeles or San Francisco).
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Development of Building Technologies service projects leading to order intake. Develops, implements, assesses and adjusts action plans in order to achieve order intake plan.
- Builds and maintains a team committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Ensures the team’s accountability and employee development through the ongoing Siemens Performance Management Process (PMP). Engages and motivates the team on goals and objectives achievement. Works through appropriate Human Resource and company channels to provide the tools, training, and work environment that are necessary for the employees to be successful.
- Actively manages work-in-progress by meeting regularly with operations leaders. Provides guidance and direction to ensure customer satisfaction. Directs the implementation of BT operations solutions, Workflow Standards, Top+, best practices, and other initiatives.
- Ensures the effectiveness of policies and standards, and that activities comply with all company standards initiatives. Troubleshoots and resolves most complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local rules and regulations applicable to the geographic area as well as all company policies and procedures. Acts as a company representative and liaison to customers and local authorities to capitalize on local market opportunities, foster successful relationships and positive Siemens public image. Teams with other operating companies to provide total customer solutions in Siemens products and services.
- Collaborates with other Siemens Operations Managers, Branch Managers, and others to drive company strategy.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment with a moderate noise level and regular distractions, but off-site work will also be a common requirement. A self-directed and self-motivated work approach is necessary.
- Time will be spent at customer locations. That may include time spent on construction sites. These sites may have a moderate noise level and regular distractions.
- Some physical requirements such as reaching, climbing, standing, and bending.
- Ability to work extended hours occasionally as required.
- Required experience: At least nine years of successful Building Technologies experience and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above, including demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and direct personnel toward achievement of a common goal.
- Required travel: 50%
- Other Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required to interact with customers, vendors and employees.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a complex organization.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related field (a minimum education of a high school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam is required).
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 192462
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.