How can you help us make a difference as a Warehouse Operator?
We are looking for Warehouse Operators who can openly and actively, communicate internally through the respective Dept., and externally with every other department. In this role you will ensure communication occurs with all peers in a polite and professional manner. You will be follow the open door policy, informing your chain of command with your issue, and if unhappy with the answer presented, request a conversation at the next level. You will also be directly responsible for ensuring a clean and clear work area for teammates to fully perform their job duties and our expectations. Actively provide feedback to leads, trainers, supervisors and managers on all daily incidents, good and bad.
Productivity: Monitor your work performance, to develop sense of pride in your work and sense of urgency. Actively provide feedback to leads, supervisors and managers on all daily incidents, good and bad. Become authority on key metrics and how they are derived, and ensure you understand how you will be measured. Be clear and concise on direction(s) given and follow-up. Address Ineffective or counterproductive processes.
What are your responsibilities?
Must be able to maintain forklift certification.
- Support tasks such as Picking, Packing/Auditing, Loading, Replenishment, Cycle Counting, and Receiving/Putaway functions.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of productivity and team focus.
- Report all equipment, order, location, inventory, or process issues to the designated team member.
- If in doubt, talk to your lead, supervisor, coordinator, or all of the above as needed. Interacts with Supervisor, Coordinators, Inbound, Inventory control, and Outbound staff to reconcile open issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer skills required, to include warehouse management systems experience.
- Material Handling Experience required Minimum of 3: Stand Up Dock Truck, Order/Stock Picker, Sit down Forklift, Tugger/Cart, Walkie Rider, or any equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working in a high-volume distribution center or large retail operation.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
What other skills would help you with this role?
Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or PKMS Warehouse Management System preferred. 2-3 years of direct operations experience.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 192489
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.