Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
Responsible for carrying detail Engineering, Planning and Scheduling for below Electrical package for power generating station in order to meet performance and contract specification.
- Specification, calculation & schematic preparation / review of following
- Generator and Excitation
- Generator line and Neutral side cubicles ( LAVT , NGR & NGT )
- Selection of instrument transformer ( CT, PT ) , LA -SC
- and Setting calculation)
- Generator Metering and synchronization
- Battery, Battery charger, UPS & DC Motor Starter
- LV and MV switchgear & MCC
- LV and MV motors
- MV busduct
- Control and power cable, Earthing.
2. Conversant with Indian and International codes & standards viz IS, IEC , IEEE, Knowledge of Industry Norms and Standards.
3. Conversant with Indian Grid code , CBIP & CEA
4. To partner the Project team to Execute orders in line with planned cost and time schedule, follow work procedures for compliance with quality systems and statutory requirements.
5. Provide support to Project Purchase Groups by Freezing Purchase Specification, interactions with Vendors and evaluations of offers in implementing the technical and contractual requirement.
6. Provide support to sales and proposal team for providing market / customer specific technical solution.
7. Provide support to site team for resolving critical technical issue by detailed study and Root cause analysis.
8. Provide support to quality & Site team for factory and site acceptance test ( SAT & FAT )
9. Review of project Engineering documentation & Design development Packages and explore further need for Cost Optimization across various packages and Value Engineering options feasible.
10. Hands on experience in AutoCAD drawings for the above categories of drawings.
11. Hands on experience standard tools like MS Visio, MS Access & MS Excel.
12. Knowledge of schematic preparation and component selection for control Panels. Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
13. Possess good communication, interpersonal skills and willing to work in inter disciplinary teams.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- BE Electrical with experience of 3-5 Years in Thermal Power Plant Electrical Design & Operations.
- Possess good communication, interpersonal skills and willing to work in inter disciplinary teams.
- Hands on experience in AutoCAD drawings for the above categories of drawings.
- Hands on experience standard tools like MS Visio, MS Access & MS Excel.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 192587
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time