We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
We create places that care!
Ever thought about doing something meaningful to our society? As a Communication Platform Developer at Siemens SI Building Products Fire Safety, you will work within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial Fire Protection market. You will be responsible for developing new platform-based products to satisfy our customers’ needs.
Your new responsibilities
We want you to:
- take responsibility for specifying, simulating, developing, testing, verifying and detailing memory-optimized software for connected embedded systems
- drive innovation and build new ideas for communication platforms with your colleagues
- support your project manager with new concepts, competitor analyses, reporting and concerning the communication of project results towards management and our customers
- work in a strong team of software and hardware developers, define new devices and take platform architecture decisions, step-after-step taking over full responsibility for communication components
- specify necessary architecture and test documentation for integration, product and system test phases in product development lifecycle.
- work proactively and self-standing with internal and external customers, other departments in R&D, and suppliers
- cover the whole development cycle of new fire protection products, starting with early ideas, pre-development and prototypes, finishing our work by introducing products to the manufacturing site next door
- make use of a global network with developers in all our R&D locations to find efficient solutions for a global market
Your skills and experience
We expect you to:
- have sound knowledge on SW-development for embedded systems
- know to read, understand, and improve electronic circuits
- are curious and positive about working in an intercultural environment in a global enterprise
- have a degree BS/MS in computer science or electrical engineering with a major in software engineering
- can motivate people, you are enthusiastic to work self-organized and like to get things done
- know German and English to get along with local and remote colleagues
- like to speak and read C, C++, and Python, as our products will only know these languages
- If you are already familiar with product development in a mass-production environment, this could help you to onboard quickly
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 192606
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time