At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling
healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so
affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues
to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics,
while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare
IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for
therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Engineering Project Manager is the leader of the Global Engineering Organization’s R&D team and represents the GEO R&D team on the Project Core Team. The Engineering PM works closely with the Chief Engineer and the Project Core Team with responsibility to ensure the product and business value proposition is met.
The Engineering Project Manager (EPM) is part of the Project Management Office (PMO) organization.
Applies Project Management tools, practices and leadership techniques in directing all aspects of GEO product development activities within a project. Applies technical experience, judgement, and leadership to ensure all engineering deliverables are completed as appropriate and are in conformance with organization's established policies, procedures and objectives. Leads and directs the work of others within the project. As an individual contributor, must be highly effective at leading people without having direct functional authority over those same people.
The EPM will have a successful track
record of leading technical projects of significant size, scope and complexity.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Applies Project Management principals to engage the GEO Engineering team in creating plans and schedules that are the basis of the overall Project Team commitments to the business.
• Tracks the progress against commitments and leads the team in issue resolution when challenges appear.
• Represents the status of the GEO plan and schedule to the Project Core Team and to senior management.
• Project budgeting and resource
management for all GEO deliverables within a project.
• Responsible for ensuring completion of all GEO project documentation.
• Provides support to the project
team and business during audits by various internal and external agencies.
• Travel commensurate to lead cross-site project team.
• Comprehensive training and experience in Project and Program Management disciplines.
• Strong technical, leadership and
• Be an effective change agent when the GEO Organization deploys new tools and organizational structures as part of a vision to have a world class product development environment.
• Attention to quality in all
activities and initiatives.
• Constantly assess the project against Product Business Case and Project goals to maintain the Project Value Proposition.
• Experience working with outside organizations (vendors, OEMs, consultants).
• Experience with new technologies and approaches in the field.
• The ability to relate well and establish credibility with senior leadership.
• Strong decision making skills.
• Contingency planning and risk mitigation.
• Ability to analyze project constraints and find opportunities instead of seeing the constraints as unchanging barriers.
Bachelors Degree with 15+ years of experience in Engineering / R&D.
Facilitates GEO R&D project planning activities.
Conducts GEO R&D progress and status meetings.
Participates as the GEO R&D representative on the Core Team.
Provides informative briefings to many levels of business leadership outside of the project organization.
Ensures GEO R&D activities are integrated with other business functions during product development.
Conduct recovery planning when project activities put project objectives at risk.
Proactively use Project and Technical Risk Management to make GEO R&D plans robust.
Effective presentation skills; An executive presence that creates confidence in key stake holders.
Facilitate effective planning sessions at many levels within the GEO R&D Organization.
PMP Certification is desired but not required
Knowledge and training in Agile PM is desired but not required.
Examples of successfully leading projects of increasing scope and complexity.
Experience in the IVD industry is desired.
Experience within the FDA Medical Device Design Control environment is desired.
Job ID: 192613
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.