- The main objective of this role is to develop, implement, own and sustain the sourcing strategy for different Modes of Transportation with minimal supervision.
- The Commodity Manager will be responsible for delivering four (4) primary KPIs: Customer Satisfaction, Free-Cash-Flow, CNI, and Process Automation / Digitalization / Optimization. Evaluations will be based on “what” was accomplished and “how” it was accomplished. The reporting of the KPI fulfillment is in the responsibility of the Commodity Manager.
- Strategic Sourcing of different modes of transports could include: Air, Ocean, Parcel, Ground, etc.
- Commodity Manager must be exceptional in demand management and be willing to travel to internal customer locations (including internationally) to clearly understand the business requirement.
- Commodity Manager must understand the US Transportation market and translate market intelligence into sourcing strategy and impact to Siemens.
- Commodity Manager must be able to multi-task and support up to multiple Divisions with numerous business units with minimal supervision.
- Commodity Manager must possess the following: highly analytical, knowledge of available digital platforms to drive innovation and automation of procurement processes and procedures, be able to communicate well, presentation skills, outgoing and enjoy what they do.
- BS/BA required, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration.
- 8+ years of experience in Procurement / Logistics / Supply Chain / Transportation. Highly proficient analytical and technical skills in Tableau, Click View, MS Office Suite (especially Excel). Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) required.
- In this role, the Commodity Management Specialist will report to the Head of Logistics and will be a part of the Logistics Team. Candidate must be Entrepreneurial, be able to work in a Dynamic Environment, must be Organized, Determined, Motivated, Assertive and able to work in a Fast Paced Environment.
- This position is a strategic corporate position, where the candidate should possess and/or have the capability to quickly excel in the following skills in order to be successful in this position.
- Must be able to handle large amounts of data, perform detailed analysis, be able to create and understand formulas & pivot tables, piece data from multiple sources, make decisions with scant data, and perform within Microsoft Excel. Must also be able to track savings and be able to explain calculations in detail during any audit requirements.
- Must have STRATEGIC SOURCING / procurement management skills, understand and have experience in creating and conducting RFQs, developing 3-5 year sourcing strategy, perform market analytics, have negotiation skills and understand how to perform supplier management with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate and collaborate professionally in a team environment, in a clear and concise method across multiple levels within the organization. Proficient in presenting to internal and external constituents, carriers, and management. Skilled in MS PowerPoint, to be able to develop reports and presentations on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Have the ability to self-manage workload with minimal supervision, set target dates, meet deadlines, follow processes, develop a commodity roadmap of projects and implement projects to achieve optimum results. Entrepreneurial.
- Capable to negotiate legal contracts, framework agreements and conduct business term and price negotiations utilizing various types of advanced negotiation concepts, including e-bidding and e-auctions.
- Should have a functional understanding of the transportation industry.
- Candidate should understand the basic principles of supply chain management and the movement of goods, door-to-door and port-to-port
- Proven track record interfacing and presenting to customers is a must. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Willingness to travel both domestic & international (mostly Canada and Mexico)
- Masters' degree a plus, specifically an MBA.
- SAP, Mercury Gate TMS, SharePoint and MS project a plus. Experience working in a matrixed environment for a Global Company. Entrepreneurial.
Job ID: 192646
Organization: Siemens Operations
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.