Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do?
- Supporting Siemens Canada’s CEO and executive management you will be responsible for planning implementing and overseeing all the systems and processes required for a strong security program at Siemens Canada, that complies with Siemens global security standards.
- Globally, Siemens has an unmatched suite of processes and tools in areas such as asset protection, travel security and crisis management. Taking advantage of these, you will build a program in Canada that addresses both global and local risks.
- You will work collaboratively with colleagues in the areas of physical (real estate) security, IT security, and Compliance, as well as other security groups within Siemens, and take overall responsibility for ensuring the protection of our personnel, assets and operations. In addition, you will provide input and feedback to Siemens global functional security departments to assist in their development of regulations, processes and services.
- You will provide tactical advice and operational support to Siemens Canada’s CEO and management in responding to security incidents, manage the response to incidents and crises, and take charge of incident investigation and reporting.
- You will promote security awareness and deliver efficient and effective security measures to support the achievement of business objectives.
- You will own our crisis management process, and work with colleagues from the Environment, Health and Safety group, the Legal Department, and other corporate groups to keep it up to date and ensure that it is communicated to all necessary participants.
- You will establish relationships with government and law enforcement agencies to keep Siemens advised of key risks and trends, and to ensure you have a network that you can draw upon to help meet Siemens’ security needs. In addition, you will establish relationships with security service providers, local authorities, other companies, and departments of foreign affairs to assist in delivering your programs and responding to particular needs and situations, and to stay current with industry best practices.
- Siemens Canada is establishing a global centre of competence in the area of cybersecurity for critical infrastructure. You will assist this business in making contacts with government and key security personnel at our customers, and have the opportunity to contribute to this exciting global centre of excellence.
- Siemens Canada has several affiliates in Canada, including Siemens Healthcare, Siemens Mobility and, in the near future, Siemens Energy. You will coordinate with executives at these entities to ensure that their security needs are being met and establish service arrangements as necessary.
- This position will report to Siemens’ Head of Security for the Americas and Siemens Canada’s General Counsel, with strong linkages to Siemens Canada’s CEO and its executive management team.
- Diploma or Degree in related field and professional certification from a recognized security authority.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in law enforcement, regulatory enforcement or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in corporate security or a similar commercial environment, including practical experience of incident and crisis management, within an international company, a security company or similar experience would be an asset
- In depth knowledge of the security issues in Canada, corporate security risk management methodologies and the security standards set by Siemens global security group.
- Networking skills (within Siemens security with the Regional Companies, authorities, institutions, other companies, etc.)
- Project Management experience (e.g. process implementation, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to manage workloads in an effective manner with minimal direct supervision and flexibility in managing multiple and diverse tasks.
- Ability to analyze and assimilate information from diverse sources.
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to work under stress in time critical situations.
- Ability to lead teams with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage with a variety of audiences, particularly CEO’s and other senior managers.
- Sensitive and responsible to the needs of different ethnic and cultural groups.
- Proven integrity and a high personal standard of behaviour.
- Fluency in French would be an advantage
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 192649
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.