Catheter Mechanical Design Engineer
Siemens is the market leader for the 2D and 3D ICE catheters in EP and Interventional Cardiology space. The business is seeking an individual to join an engineering design team responsible for developing ICE Catheters.
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic environment as part of an R&D team developing ultrasound catheters, associated assemblies and tooling. Responsibilities include:
• Leading engineering efforts and taking responsibility for planning, organizing, and conducting projects related to electro-mechanical devices, components and processes.
• Design key components and subassemblies of tools for the design, assembly and testing of acoustic array and catheter assemblies.
• Conduct independent technical investigations and analysis of component or processes applying a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles.
• Prepare design specifications, analyses and recommendations for presentation and team review.
• Design electronic packaging for miniature electronic devices
• Interact with suppliers to ensure procurement of components needed for your projects
• Optimize tooling for manufacturing and effectively transfer tooling and processes to manufacturing personnel
• Create and update solid models and drawings and prepare material for ECO release
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering discipline; MS preferred
• 3+ years experience in mechanical engineering or related field
• Proven ability to create mechanical models in 3D CAD (CREO and AutoCAD preferred) for complex tools or fixtures
• Applied knowledge of designing tools and fixtures for small components.
• Experience in the medical device industry developing Class III Medical Devices preferred.
• Experience in developing ergonomic electromechanical fixtures or tools is desired
• Experience writing verification plans, protocols, conducting verification testing, and compiling reports is preferred.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of Six Sigma is preferred
Domestic and international travel required ( 5-10%)
Job ID: 192664
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.