From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
An opportunity has arisen for a Support Function to work as a part of our Finance team in our Melbourne offices(covering both Bayswater and Docklands).
The Support Function will be responsible for the Global and local business support controlling function in charge of the ramp up for Australia and other countries in region ASP.
As a part of the Finance team, the Support Function Controller Professional plays an important role completing overall budget planning, financial planning, actual-versus-plan-analysis, bench-marking, forecasting and reporting activities for the management of an assigned organization unit.
- Annual Budgeting/Forecasting
- Month end closing, postings, accrual, transitory etc.
- Monthly Actual review and commentary and alignment with function lead & local management
- In charge of quarterly performance review and alignment with HQ
- Leads the coordination for cost savings topic
- Cost center management
- Accrual posting
- Purchase Requisition & Purchase Order approvals
- Monitoring GR IR open items, unprocessed invoices for Support Functions
- Interface with main HQ (Germany) and another controller in ASP (Asian South Pacific) regarding the support function allocation/charging and a common approach for the controlling in different countries
- Ad hoc request and reporting
- Ability to gather, structure, consolidate and analyse large amounts of financial information and maintain an overarching divisional view
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP (FI/CO) and related reporting tools
- Self-motivated - can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; consistently pushes self and others for results
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries,
- Strength and discipline in structured thinking and attention to detail, combined with a problem-solving attitude and excellent ability to collaborate across our business
- Passionate about new data solutions, understand business requirements, design and drive them
- Business acumen and good communication skills
- Experience in Financial Reporting & Analysis, Budget Planning and Ad-hoc
- Analysis ideally in a Multinational Corporate Controlling environment
- University Degree in business, economics, statistics, science or other quantitative fields
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 192704
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time