The Manager of Electro-mechanical Sub-Assembly Production leads multiple areas the fabrication of Electro-mechanical assemblies light rail vehicles, locomotives, and passenger coaches to meet project requirements for quality, schedule, and cost. Managing multiple assembly team managers and supervisors on multiple shifts with a total of up to 200 assemblers.
- Drive Zero Harm @ Siemens by ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Ensure all Team Members are trained in, and observe, safe work practices.
- Establish, monitor, and adjust manpower and applicable equipment planning to meet production demands.
- Meet project targets for direct labor hours, schedule and quality.
- Develop, monitor and meet department budgets and business plans.
- Establish priorities and ensure all team members are properly trained for their assigned tasks.
- Ensure positive communication with entire team on a regular basis to keep them informed of work status, department performance, process changes, and company policies.
- Develop and implement measures to improve production efficiency, equipment performance, and product quality through lean manufacturing and 6S principles and initiatives to eliminate waste.
- Develop and maintain appropriate KPI’s along with benchmarks and targets that provide a clear indication of department performance, performance trends, and potential problem areas.
- Manage production departments to satisfy the demands of multiple projects.
- Work collaboratively with other department managers to insure coordinated support of all production needs.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience managing industrial / heavy-metal welding and fabrication operations.
- At least 10 years’ experience in OEM capital equipment manufacturing operations, in a schedule driven, high mix/low volume, engineer-to-order, project environment.
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal customers.
- Ability to lead drive and motivate a direct labor workforce
Job ID: 192705
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.