We believe there is more than one way to secure a successful future!
We think our four-year rotational programme is the best alternative to college for ambitious students, with an eye for engineering.
Here at Siemens we drive innovation, develop new technologies, apply cutting-edge manufacturing technologies. This allows us to deliver the most advanced gas turbines that will set new standards in terms of efficiency, reliability and emission reduction. We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. You will gain professional qualifications and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering company like Siemens. You’ll get to know us from the inside, develop your natural talents on the job and become a part of the teams shaping the future of power generation.
Throw yourself into this four-year rotational Apprentice Programme working with Siemens Aero-derivative Gas Turbines based at our Iceni Centre in Warwick. As an Apprentice Engineer you will undertake placements in a variety of departments designed to further enhance already established skills and provide solutions for global power generation and oil and gas projects. You will become part of an extraordinary team and work closely with our engineers to create ground breaking solutions.
We’ll create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you’ll be set up with great knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
Here is how the programme works:
This is a field service role and so you will spend your apprenticeship gaining hands on experience with our gas turbines at our customer sites. Training with our gas turbines will be frequent and in depth to ensure you obtain the necessary engineering competency to support the role of a trainee practical field service engineer.
- You will study general engineering as part of the NVQ Level 3 apprenticeship scheme. This will start to build the necessary knowledge foundation required to join an engineering business.
- Undertake work-based training and join the collaborative teams through department rotations within Siemens AGT service business.
- Formal education will continue through weekly day release, whilst you continue your departmental rotations; aiming to develop your aero-derivative gas turbine product knowledge, safety awareness and support the resolution of technical problems.
To obtain a depth and breadth of practical experience and understanding, opportunities will arise where you may be expected to travel both within the UK and globally throughout the scheme. This will include the opportunity to be hands on with our gas turbine equipment.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Learn/improve your gas turbine knowledge and skills in order to analyse, resolve and communicate technical solutions to customers.
- Collaborate with a variety of engineering functions in the resolution of technical problems in order to improve equipment reliability.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the Siemens AGT business.
- Ensure products or projects are delivered in accordance with Siemens AGT safety and quality procedures.
- Develop your knowledge of key engineering functions such as Data and Information Services, Core Engineering, Maintenance Repair and Overhaul, Performance and Analytics, Controls, Technical Documentation Services and customer-facing Regional Technical Support.
- Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
- Seek out opportunities that will strengthen your skills and enhance your knowledge to continue to support the business and your career development path.
We’re looking for bright, inquisitive students who want to make a difference:
- GCSE’S grade 4/C or above in Maths, English, Science are required and an Engineering based subject is desirable
- You have an interest in practical engineering aligned to a problem-solving attitude
- Flexible, know how to connect with others and pride yourself on bringing positive ideas to the team
- Enjoy jumping in and, with the support from Siemens, feel comfortable taking responsibility for tasks
- Want to succeed, aspire to excellence and think outside the box
- Willing to travel, with the support from Siemens, within the UK and globally
Whilst the role is based in Warwick, our apprentice roles could take you anywhere in the UK, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with inspirational teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
The benefits on an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning whilst earning a salary of £12,500 at the same time, as well as being included in our annual bonus scheme!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to pension, private medical care, discounted cinema tickets, gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering.Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job ID: 192769
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time