Performs technical service to customer s Fire Life Safety systems to ensure that they are maintained in accordance with NFPA standards and local AHJ requirements.
Provides technical support and executes the software programming and implementation of fire alarm and security moves, adds and changes (MAC) projects.
Provides on-site coordination for electrical installation of fire alarm and security components. Responsible for the coordination of final fire inspections and functional performance testing with the AHJ and/or commissioning of security systems.
· Provides technical customer service regarding Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems
· Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office. Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
· Responds to and carries out to completion any troubleshooting to assigned customer systems during the installation phase of the system. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Makes recommendations regarding systems during installations.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
· Independently or as part of a team, completes the regularly scheduled test and inspections of commercial fire alarm systems.
· Conducts testing for complex fire alarm inspections requiring multiple field personnel.
· Identifies and reports all system discrepancies found during inspections, identifying code and non-conformance issues as well as system upgrade opportunities, and assists in field pricing of repairs.
· Documents all service activities and enters time worked daily through mobile reporting tool.
· Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
· Responsible for performing fire alarm discrepancy repairs for items identified during test and inspections.
· Also responsible for responding to emergency service call for the troubleshooting and repair for assigned customers fire alarm and security systems.
· Participates in On-Call rotation to provide 24/7 coverage for emergency service to our customers.
· Acts as a mentor for junior personnel providing on-the-job training for test and inspection services, troubleshooting and repairs and implementation of MAC projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required Education: High school diploma or GED. A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems preferred.
- Required experience: 5+ years of engineering / installation experience working with Fire & Life Safety Systems—including knowledge of integration, networks, electrical concepts, and building operations, as well as the programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of related systems OR 5+ years of engineering / installation experience working with Video Management Systems including Access Control System hardware, software and general database management within MS Access and Sequel Server. Preferred is strong in one of the areas with with exposure and confidence to learn the other.
- Required Travel: 20%
- Other Requirements:
- NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Certification Requirements to retain position: Level II Fire Alarm Certification within 12 months of hire
- Oregon LEA and Washington 06 card holder or obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Strong customer service skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure, Server OSs, VM Ware
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings. Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire, use hand-tools, carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing, and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 192824
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.