Siemens Government Technologies
is seeking an Energy Engineer for technical audit, analysis and support the
development of complex energy savings performance contracts (ESPC). This
individual must have the engineering competency to identify and develop energy
saving technical solutions in large institutional facilities.
- Site auditing to investigate existing mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems and document energy performance, including utility data and facility information.
- Identify opportunities for conservation or efficiency, prepare energy savings calculations and perform engineering assessment including baseline profiles, end-use and retrofit analysis.
- Work with development team to assist in qualifying project opportunity.
- Work with team to develop or review energy savings measurement and verification plan.
- Engineering development activities in support of construction, operations and maintenance of customer site projects as required by energy savings performance contracts.
- Analyze and prepare conceptual and detailed bid documents, cost estimates, drawings and specifications for energy efficient building technology and system measures.
- Coordinate with vendors and installation contractors for feasibility and pricing verification of proposed project modifications.
- Provide engineering guidance throughout development, construction, project commissioning, and operations, including proposals, technical reports, cost estimates and presentations.
- Compliance with company, industry, trade and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes.
- Ensure successful project implementation that meet or exceed company objectives, financial parameters, and technical needs required to deliver customer energy cost savings.
- Develop design concepts and other written documentation to sales and management concerning recommended ECMs, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify ECMs.
- Support the technical writing and presentation of preliminary and detail audit proposal documents.
- BSME or BSEE equivalent four-year technical engineering degree with 3 to 5 years’ energy efficiency and/or renewable technology project development and implementation work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and quantify energy savings and implement complex projects involving chiller and boiler plants, motors, VSDs, HVAC retrofit and distributed generation projects.
- Knowledge of measurement and verification, project cost estimating and accounting desired.
- Financial planning/budget experience with ability to develop a business case helpful.
- Professional registration or educational progress toward EIT, PE, CEM, LEED.
- Proficiency Excel and building simulation and related software.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication and technical presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Candidate must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a US federal agency security clearance if later required.
*** Candidates with ability to work from remote location within the United States to be considered.
Job ID: 192851
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.