Measurement & Verification Analytics Engineer
As a Measurement & Verification Analytics Engineer you will manage and perform energy analytics engineering tasks related to measurement and verification (M&V) for Federal ESPC Projects. Primary focus will be performing data analytics including tasks such as data collection/management methodologies, data analytics platform management, creation of custom analytic algorithms, fault detection and diagnosis methods as well as optimizing visualization techniques, alarming, key performance indicators and reporting. You will also assist during the development stage of projects by crafting M&V Plans, collaborate with the project development team, conduct and oversee M&V activities and analyses during construction and performance period of the project in compliance with the contractual M&V Plans.
- Manage and optimize continued development of energy analytics platform for M&V and project energy and performance analysis.
- Perform data collection and analytics for project energy analysis per M&V plan requirements.
- Track and manage project M&V task and deliverables
- Perform and oversee on-site M&V activities including data collection, interaction with utility metering and control systems, field measurements, inspection of energy conservation measures (ECMs) for performance verification
- Interface/coordinate with Siemens Govt. Technologies (SGT) SkySpark integrator.
- Closely coordinate and Interface with Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) to develop and integrate all required M&V trend points, trend point naming conventions, trend reports, etc. to meet or exceed the M&V plan requirements.
- Collaborate with and conduct periodic data analytic meetings with M&V project engineers on a routine basis.
- Compile results from the measurement and verification activities and generate periodic reports
- Develop, generate missing data, runtime, % speed, cost of fault, etc. custom analytic reports on a minimum of a monthly basis
- Research and assist in formulating “Best In Class” data analytics to improve project M&V efficiency and positive impact on overall project performance and customer .
- Collaborate and work closely with Project Commissioning (Cx) Team in planning and executing M&V related Cx activities
- Establish clear responsibilities and possesses for monitoring and measuring results
- Work with M&V and O&M teams to determine data analytics strategies (such as FDD) to improve review of OMRR activities throughout the Performance Period.
- Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country or a foreign work visa.
- BS Degree in Engineering focusing on Mechanical, electrical or energy efficiency
- Minimum 2 (2) years of experience in energy engineering and / M&V for performance contracting
- Measurement & Verification Professional Certification (CMVP)and a Professional Engineer or Energy Manager Certifications are desired.
- Strong understanding of Building Automation Systems and/or other control systems.
- Strong understanding of M&V protocol(s), rules, polices and standards
- Experienced in and understanding of project measurement and verification process
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, data analytics and databases. Desired experience with data analytics platforms such as SkyFoundry SkySpark system or similar analytics platforms.
- The ability to take ownership and personal responsibility as it relates to making decisions, taking actions and accepting failures
- Ability to follow through on tasks and responsibilities
- Keen and demonstrated ability to meet or exceed deliverable deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, especially in communicating with project managers and executives.
- Experience writing detailed technical reports and presenting analyses.
- Ability to keep up to speed and learn emerging technology advancements in the field and understand the impact that it might have on projects
· Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance if required later.
Job ID: 192859
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.