- Startup/commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting emergency electrical issues on medium & low voltage electrical power systems. These power systems include but are not limited to transformers, circuit breakers, switchgear/switchboard, protective relays, motor control centers, VFD’s, cable, and metering and backup power supplies.
- Leads from basic to complex installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements. Tasks are associated with maintenance and testing of switchgear/switchboard, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, and surge protection devices. Responsible for vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance.
- May need to install wiring and connect to the power source. Performs emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products and 3rd party equipment. Performs complex service upgrades, reconditioning, retrofits, etc. for its low-voltage power distribution products and systems.
- Performs on-site technical and operational support in the design, development, installation and maintenance of equipment and systems of a complex nature. Performs complex site surveys to develop base or installation design plans.
- Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance. Train customers to maintain and adjust complex equipment. Provides expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees. Completes and submits reports covering all job activity. Responsible for maintaining complex tools, test equipment, calibration items, etc.
- May complete the planning and estimating of labor categories, rates, material dollar costs, and transportation expenses to complete complex proposals. Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout the project duration.
- Must be available to respond for emergency and relief assignments.
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Experienced at electrical testing, including but not limited to primary current injection testing, resistance testing, dielectric testing, and thermal scans on medium and low voltage electrical systems required.
- Familiarity with Siemens GIS, AIS, WL, RL and SB breakers and switchgear required.
- Ability to follow all applicable safety protocols.
- Ability to use Siemens technology and devices.
- Ability to inspect, troubleshoot and evaluate equipment.
- Develops relationships at all levels within the customer’s organization.
- AVO, NETA, and NICET certifications preferred.
- Required to travel a minimum of 50%, up to and including overnight stays.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting & repair of electrical control circuits. Knowledge or capability to obtain thermography certification.
- Experienced on installation, commissioning and maintenance of low and medium voltage power distributions systems.
- Familiar with the Arc Flash and Shock Hazards of electrical equipment.
- Familiar with ANSI, NEC, NFPA, IEEE, and NETA codes and standards.
- Familiar with Siemens GIS, AIS, WL, RL and SB breakers and switchgear preferred.
- Experienced at electrical testing, including but not limited to primary current injection testing, resistance testing, dielectric testing, and thermal scans on medium and low voltage electrical systems preferred.
- Work is generally performed in customer locations in a local area. That may include time spent on construction sites. These sites may have a moderate noise level and regular distractions.
- Compressed schedule performance can be a factor and will require extended hours to meet commitments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint, experience with project management software preferred.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience and has the required knowledge for position.
- Experienced at utilizing electrical test sets to perform AC and DC High Potential testing, Transformer Turns Ratio testing, Transformer Power Factor testing and other power system tests practices and procedures.
- Skilled at interpreting protective coordination studies, testing and configuring protective relays.
- Leads and mentors other Electrical Service Specialists, including site management.
- Works independently with no supervision.
- Executes more complex tasks as requested.
- Achieve NICET level 3 within 2 years.
Job ID: 192870
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.