This position has responsibility for project controlling for IoT commercial projects. The Commercial Project Manager - Finance for Siemens IoT works closely with project management in managing the commercial terms of the contract and project. The Commercial Project Controller will report to management within the IOT US organizations.
- Ensures the compliance with the LoA guidelines for all commercial aspects.
- Ensures the accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP - ensures compliance with Siemens-FRG plus the local Gaap requirements. Ensures all related Project Reporting and Controlling activities.
- Supports the Project Manager that the financial results according to set targets are managed with due professional care and optimizes the project gross profit, cash flow and assets and financing instruments.
- Actively communicates with customer's commercial representatives and manages solving of commercial issues.
- Together with the PM proactively setting up a contract and claim management in the project, including involvement and cooperation with the assigned contract manager.
- Supports the PM in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities – taking over the full responsibility in this regard with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities.
- Supports Project Manager to select and involve partners / subcontractors.
- Represents the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally.
- Support the annual budget and monthly forecast process.
- Support utilization and staffing forecast process to ensure linkage to all necessary financial processes and models.
- Ensure accuracy of billings / revenue as part of the monthly close process and assist in the completion of the monthly close / reporting process.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 2-5 years of successful experience in related field
- Minimal travel required <10%
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of organizations business practices / issues and drives the problem solving and resolution of those issues
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with SAP
- Commercial Project Management Certification
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices
- Displays a high level of critical thinking
- Has demonstrated financial partnering skills
- Strong teaming capabilities as well as self-operating
- Strong process improvement skills
- Proven experience supporting contract / bid process from a financial perspective
- Strong communication, presentation, written and oral skills
- Has advanced knowledge and experience with integrated financial systems
- Has good working knowledge of PM@Siemens methodology and related tools
Job ID: 192873
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Omnetric Corp.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.