Job title: IT Development Professional Applications
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
This is your role. What part will you play?
You will provide development organizations from around the world with a powerful virtual platform as a service (ViPaaS) to support the secure and agile development of software. You will be part of a team with different perspectives and experiences in virtualization & on-premise cloud solutions.
As an IT Development Professional, you are responsible for working with global teams for reliable & secure operations of virtual infrastructure and automating tasks related the infrastructure and projects from the department
Help us to master the most exciting challenges together.
- Taking care of OS Administration (Primarily windows)
- Taking care of Virtual infrastructure & VM template management
- Implementing security related configuration to the different OS
Support service requests / incidents
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- You should have experience: 3 to 4 years of relevant experience. BE/B. Tech./MCA
- You should have experience of working with offshore / global teams
- You should be willingness to learn and adapt new technologies
- You should be willing to work in shifts (until 9 PM IST)
- In-depth knowledge in VMware virtual
- In-depth knowledge in VMware virtual infrastructure
- past exposure to vCloud Director (good to have)
- In-depth knowledge of Windows OS (server
- Setup / services / monitoring / OS optimization
- Troubleshooting issues related to OS
- OS Hardening
- Previous experience working with Domain controllers, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Understanding of concepts of Server-Client comm., network topologies, TCP/ IP Model,
- OSI Model, VLAN, subnetting
- Basic knowledge in Linux OS
- Setup / knowledge of filesystem / working with terminal / certificates
- Basic knowhow on scripting languages
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Pune, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 192907
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time