JOB DESCRIPTION – GLOBAL CONTENT EDITORIAL MANAGER
The Global Content Editorial Director will perform a multi-faceted communications role within the Global LD Marketing and Communications team. The role reports to the Head of Content & Creative and is responsible for developing strategic Marcom messaging for external audiences and selected internal sales audiences, overseeing relevance, consistency and quality of content, and acting as marketing communications lead for cross-central lab and point of care topics.
The editorial director will ensure Marcom content meets high standards for the channels and audiences for which they are intended, including relevance, creativity, technical and regulatory accuracy, clarity, tone and style, and oversees the production of said content in an efficient and timely manner. The individual will manage multiple projects of varying scope at the same time, communicate project requirements, and work both collaboratively and independently.
- Serving as an in-house editor, creates and facilitates the development and completion of high-quality content, including web pages, thought leadership bylined articles, campaign content, and other marketing communication materials. This includes building story lines, addressing pain points and producing relevant assets, such as articles, thought leadership white papers (e.g. “7 Ways to Protect against Cyber Threats,” “8 Ways to Improve Lab Workflow,” “Personalizing Care through Lab Results,”). This role will collaborate with subject matter experts to create content; as well as external agencies to supplement creation of editorial content.
- Act as managing editor for Diagnostics marcom materials, including sales aids, digital campaign content, emails, etc. Manage a consistent external voice and tone, providing editorial input into the overall DNA of Diagnostics messaging, and collaborating with peers charged with visual complementary depiction or rendering to written messaging. This includes headline, sublines and copy with the appropriate order and cadence.
- Help apply and synthesize content within and across campaigns, simplifying and streamlining or amplifying content where needed.
- Act as primary liaison with Solutions Marketing team to assist in marketing communications activities for cross-BA/BL topics, such as digitalization, workflow and disease states. Working with value marketing team, set up and act as point person for proof point development and promotion.
- Serve as cross-BA/BL lead working with regional colleagues, sales, service, and marketing to identify, nurture, and develop new content for customer success stories and testimonials to be implemented and amplified across multiple channels.
- Generate/cull information from existing customer stories into succinct, bite-sized pieces to be used across and within campaigns, and curation of content for use in different vehicles.
- Liaison with Public Relations team to identify press opportunities for byline articles, customer success stories in order to increase BA/BL media reach.
- Serve as primary contact with Public Relations and other teams to help identify customer speaking opportunities (i.e. AACC, IFCC, launch meetings, and industry workshops etc.) in order to have the voice of the customer amplified externally.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in areas of content development, and forge strategic relationships with global communications and marketing colleagues across other functions.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, English, marketing, advertising, or related area.
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable 5+ editorial experience and superb writing skills in multiple communication channels –especially digital channels (Writing sample and writing assignment will be required)
- This position is open to candidates with 5+ years of communications, PR, editorial, advertising, and/or marketing experience
- Ability to write, implement, monitor, and adapt innovative content for promotional campaigns for social media and other platforms
- Strong project management skills and organization
- Ability to solve problems and overcome complex processes independently
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in healthcare, medical devices, or life sciences is preferred but not essential
This position can be located in Tarrytown, NY, Newark, DE or
Some travel may be required.
Job ID: 192967
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.