Looking for a self-motivated, experienced engineer with strong leadership and technical skills to join the Fact Finding engineering team in the A-Region (Orlando), in the Product Integrity (PI) organization. The group supports global gas turbine, generator, and steam turbine outages and specific inspections during all life cycle phases. Members of the team act as engineering representatives on site with key customers or key projects. They also interface and interact with multiple cross-functional teams as required.
Product knowledge of Gas Turbines (with Generator and Steam Turbine experience a plus) and prior experience in design, manufacturing, or field engineering is required. Be part of a global organization that works cross-functionally and maintains agreed objectives for our internal customers. Responsibilities also include communication of critical issues to management. Domestic and International travel is required (approximately 60%)
In charge of inspection of components during outages including observation and supervision of machine disassembly. Responsible for all required information during investigations. This information is collected and reported.
Responsible for on-site analysis of operational issues and definition of corrective measures. Execution of minor adjustments to solve issues is required.
In charge of preparation of an internal / external report with all required information: description of machine, description of event, detailed issue descriptions, photos, measurement results, recommendations, and conclusions, etc. Communication and Job Set Up Responsibilities
- Set up communication and workflow between site and back-office.
- Define scope of inspection together with site and back-office experts.
- Collect all required information for inspection (e.g. drawings, datasheets, quality documentation, etc.)
- Prioritize tasks and pro-actively expand scope on basis of findings in real time.
- Set-up regular reporting (daily status reports) and meeting schedule based on event implication.
- Provide direction to on-site personnel based on communications with back office.
- Present current status and agreed technical solutions to internal & external customers.
· Provide guidance to site support personnel during assignments.
- Provide training to less experienced fact finders where applicable
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- · Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience (8 years)
- · 5+ years of applicable engineering experience or engineering internships
- · Ability to travel 60%, both domestically and internationally
- · Strong teaming and communication skills
- The ideal candidate will apply prior experience, while learning and adapting as the situation requires.
- · Position requires working in confined spaces, at heights, climbing and maintaining uncomfortable positions for extended durations. Occasional lifting of equipment over 30 pounds.
- · Learning the use of borescope is required (training available)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- · Basic NDT certification preferred
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.