Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas & Power Division as a Buyer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
The buyer prepares and concludes sourcing contracts based on customer requirements at the most beneficial conditions whilst ensuring quality and on-time delivery. Focus on business-specific Procurement.
- To deliver the Procurement strategy of assigned activities (Project Classification D or as applicable to Business unit) to ensure cost effective purchasing to meet cost targets and expediting to meet programme.
- Prepare, action and issue Request for Quotations (enquiries); conduct negotiation with suppliers, develop and issue contracts and purchase orders, in accordance with procurement procedures, to meet objectives.
- Support the EM Procurement function in ensuring that the business has a professional Logistical & Procurement Service, obtaining ‘Best Value for Money’ deals.
Ensure complies with all Corporate Procurement Policies and that Procurement initiatives are fully complied with in order to meet the business requirements.
Areas of responsibility:
· Responsibility for allocated projects including D with typical volumes of £1m to £5m
· Develop closer relationships with key suppliers.
· Contribute to effective inter-departmental relationships by providing information and advice as necessary.
· Support opportunities to maximise the benefits of e-Business solutions, SAP functionality and the introduction and implementation of new initiatives.
· Deputise for the Procurement Senior Buyer as required
· Play an active role in the tendering process on category D Tenders, and promote good working relationships with existing and new Suppliers to establish long term relationships.
· Ensure that Terms & Conditions secured with Suppliers effectively protect the business from the risks associated with projects.
· Proactively identify and raise awareness of potential supply chain to mitigate within the business.
· Support the supplier development process on commodities normally with a value <£3m
· Support the delivery of the business unit action plan
· Identify and support the introduction of new and innovative Procurement processes
· Support the implementation of specific B.I. Programmes.
· Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
· Embrace Customer First philosophy
· Perform other duties as required by the Procurement Manager
· Support Commodity Leads
· Source, assess, develop and maintain supplier relationships to ensure short term Project objectives and long term company objectives
· Develop a Procurement strategy to provide structured & professional support to the commercial / tendering managers in the selection and negotiation on D Projects of ‘Suppliers / Subcontractors’.
· Responsible for the maintenance of general Procurement data
· Supporting the implementation of the Procurement Strategy and other procurement initiatives as required
· Supporting the implementation of the BU Procurement strategy
· Manage quality and delivery of all purchases to project timescales, objectives and equipment specification.
· Actively support the Procurement Managers objectives to ensure the goals of the organisation are delivered.
· Where appropriate, progress and expedite orders to facilitate timely delivery.
· Place orders against fully authorised requisitions, and ensure timely and correct close out of the purchase process including resolving invoice queries.
· Embrace the values of Ownership Culture.
What you need to make real what matters.
§ Commercial / contractual
experience in negotiating Terms and Conditions for:
- Individual Purchases up to £250K in Value
- Management of Commodities with spend up to £1M per annum.
- Negotiation of Frameworks with spend up to £5M per annum.
§ Good knowledge of purchasing techniques and skills associated with the procurement of Manufacturing and Project equipment, goods and services including Incoterms
§ A basic knowledge of contract law. Basic knowledge of Industry specific products & Technologies
§ Experience/ knowledge of Project work in a related business. Good understanding of PM@Siemens.
§ Good IT skills and knowledge of SAP, preferably R/3 and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
§ experience of analysing procurement data. Ability to analyse complex commercial data, comparing alternative offers and options, and to identify optimal solutions based on total cost principles. Able to interpret technical evaluations and make recommendations for contract award based on technical and financial merit
§ is able to communicate clearly, both orally and written, with people at all levels, both internal and external to Siemens. Experience of giving presentations.
§ Be able to deal appropriately with conflict and resistance to change within scope of role.
§ Be self motivated, flexible and have the ability to work under pressure on their own initiative within a small team.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens Energy. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, over-matching pension contributions, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 193015
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Transmission & Distribution Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time