Position Overview - US East Coast, must be located near a major airport.
Provides product and application expertise in Building Technologies Disciplines: Automation and Applications, and 3rd party systems to VAP Technical and Sales staff, CPS Territory Managers. Creates and delivers training, applications and engineering support for VAP Field Technicians and Engineers. Provides on-site technical troubleshooting for resolution of customer issues. Provides advanced technical assistance for Applications and Sales activities. Provides new product feedback, support and training. Provides critical technical on-boarding expertise and support for new VAP partners for enhanced rapid assimilation into Building Technologies products and workflows.
· Diagnoses and resolves technical problems on jobs and provides appropriate reports to management (Siemens and VAP)
· Troubleshoots network, software, and/or hosted system malfunctions.
· Leverage remote connectivity to improve rapid problem solving with technicians and customers.
· Works with other Building Technologies Experts, Field Support, and Product Development to develop and share technical solutions and workflows across Building Technologies.
· Creates and implements training content.
· Work with Product Development engineering teams to implement strategies to reduce design, installation and lower labor costs.
· Stays current with BT product documentation and communicates updates to field technicians and specialists
· Maintains technical expertise on all products, tools, through continuing education initiatives.
· Coaches VAP Field Technicians on company systems and service offerings.
· Provides VAP technical sales assistance and support on latest company products.
· Provides Beta Site support and works with Product Development engineering teams and Field Support.
· Performs product demonstrations and communicates design strategies to VAP Sales Executives.
· Leads meetings in order to ensure best practice sharing and team work.
· Participates in advisory teams and Key User groups for new product development and releases, and technical training development.
· Provides Manager and VAP management site visit reports of all activities performed (Sales support, Technical and Application support, training, mentoring, etc…). Suggests ways to continuously improve.
· Supports all VAP personnel, in the offices in the assigned Region and assists cross regionally as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High School diploma required; BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 10+ yrs field Controls Engineering/Systems experience.
· Certifications and field experience for Tridium Niagara N4.
· Demonstrates and applies an advanced knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of complex assignments.
· Successfully applies knowledge of complex concepts, practices, and procedures specialization.
· Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills for conducting company product training courses for VAP technical and sales staff.
· Excellent analytical problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrates leadership skills to mentor VAP technical Operations teams and to lead complex issues to resolution with minimal oversight
Travel required up to 40%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 193028
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.