Business Process Manager – Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI)
Join our team now in the Smart Infrastructure competitiveness program in Buffalo Grove, Illinois or Atlanta, Georgia.
Our goal is to become the leader in the Smart Infrastructure market.
To deliver on that aspiration, Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) has set a program to improve the overall competitiveness by identifying use cases that go beyond base productivity improvements. The program focuses on short- and long-term lean structures, optimization of product business and enhancement of the systems, solution and service business throughout the whole value chain. The ultimate common goal of all these projects is to transform the entire business of Smart Infrastructure to become more profitable. Siemens Smart Infrastructure operates around the world with around 70,000 employees and total revenue of ~15 billion euros.
We are seeking an experienced ‘Business Process Manager’ to support us in identifying value and process optimization/automation opportunities through processes mining, process re-engineering, and identification of automation use-cases. You will also participate in initiates to leverage value in process bundling/outsourcing/offshoring. This role will be a part of the SI competitiveness program which reports directly to the global SI management and collaborates with various business units and corporate units in cross-organizational projects around the world. Your role would be focused on the Americas region.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
In this new role, you will have the opportunity to build on your proven leadership skills and leverage your interest in inspiring others, building strong relationships, and creating true followership. In a collaborative team setting, you'll work closely with others but also autonomously with little direction from outside. Your superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills will ensure successful projects and team performance.
- As Business Process Manager (m/f/d), you will be responsible to ensure your team’s success in end-to-end process automation projects from identification to implementation
- You will be responsible to analyze and identify internal business processes for re-engineering/optimization and with high automation potential through e.g. RPA, smart workflow solutions and SAP change requests
- In collaboration with the regional business units, you will be responsible to prepare, lead, and facilitate the interviews/workshops with the process owners and subject matter experts from our regional business units to evaluate the feasibility and impact of process automation opportunities (focus Americas region, mainly but not limited to U.S. & Canada)
- With support of solution architect(s), you will supervise thorough process definition documents outlining the technical and process changes for further development
- You will be responsible to identify and manage all aspects of organizational change required to successfully implement the identified opportunities
- You will coach the business in implementing opportunities for outsourcing/offshoring and support the smooth functioning of interfaces with internal and external service providers
- You will formulate implementation plans and assist our implementation service providers throughout the duration of the engagement
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- functional knowledge, including but not limited to process mining, lean process management, (robotic) process automation (or related areas), outsourcing/offshoring coordination, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of business processes and optimization experience of order-to-cash and/or purchase-to-pay processes would be a plus
- Experience of working with/analyzing data sets, IT interfaces, particularly SAP or a similar ERP system
- Understanding of process mining and automation tools, e.g., Celonis, UIPath and Blue Prism
- Programming experience, LEAN, Six Sigma, and/or other process certification is preferred
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively and work with business and technical stakeholders
- Able to work cooperatively with the international project members/customers as well as communication on senior management level in complex stakeholder situations
- Openness to extensive business travel – up to 80%
- Fluent in English; German language skills would be a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 193054
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.