Are you an early to mid career professional who is enthusiastic, a performance-driven self-starter, and a team player? Would you like to map our digitalization portfolio offerings of today and the future to create a perfect place to heal, to learn, to work, to succeed? Buildings are seen simply as a place to conduct business and house assets but they have the potential to be much more by using that data that can be generated through the ongoing operation of a building. By using data, you will help transform our customer’s buildings into buildings that contribute to bottom line and support their organization in reaching their goals. Imagine a building that contributes to the organization’s mission. You will help define product backlog, develop and rollout offerings to the field that leverage data to give intelligence, enable optimization and assure desired outcomes in the Energy, Comfort, Electrical, Mechanical, Fire and Security space. You will work with our SME’s, sales & operations organizations and customers to derive new ways to leverage and visualize data as well as apply advanced analytics including Artificial Intelligence to optimize. You will constantly analyze our product portfolio based on your experience with our SME’s, sales / operations organizations and customers to derive future requirements. You will structure requirements and work with the Product Portfolio Manager to bring new requirements into the overall backlog and roadmap. You will build an ecosystem of partners to ensure complete solutions and offerings to fit customers’ needs. You will work with R&D to develop a suite of analytic services and to enable the Digitalization Portfolio. You will be responsible for the backlog and roadmap related to our Analytic Services portfolio with emphasis on predictive and prescriptive services for the Digitalization Portfolio for Siemens Smart Infrastructure in the Americas.
Develops the Analytic Services Digitalization Portfolio long term roadmap jointly with the Digitalization Product Portfolio Manager and cross-functional stakeholders.
In this context, the demands of the market and technology as well as the profitability objectives are taken into consideration during the decision-making process. In addition, business prospects and business risks are balanced over time.
- Assessment of present and future market, customer, competitor and technology environment
- Preparation and updating of the Analytic Services Portfolio including visualization and reporting by vertical market and stakeholder type; artificial intelligence / machine learning; integrated tools & connectivity
- Endorsement of portfolio and market strategies
- Creation and maintenance of portfolio roadmap and backlog aligned with Product Portfolio Manager and Digitalization Portfolio Director
- Capture the market’s under met or underserved needs, filter the ideas based on business viability, business feasibility and potential, scale-ability, company strategy
- Ensure that key feedback and requests are seamlessly integrated into solution planning and development processes
- Ensure that newly developed solutions are meeting the solution requirements necessary to deliver a completed solution to market
- Solicit critical input from business segment teams, SMEs, and solution architect(s) to set solution vision and strategy and clearly articulate the business value to development teams
- Ensuring balanced (e.g. risk, EBIT, time-to-maturity) portfolio decisions which conform to the defined digitalization strategy
- Ensure that the cross-functional stakeholders requirements and dependencies are address such as; communication of requirements, reporting of ideas and joint definition of business value for backlog items
- Continuously streamline Analytic Services portfolio and develop various value based services and offerings for the market
- Alignment of Digitalization Portfolio initiatives with overall portfolio initiatives and strategy
- Definition of how data, connectivity and tools can enable digital offerings
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science or related
- 3 - 5 years of successful experience in product development, portfolio management based on data intelligence and connectivity
- Demonstrated experience visualizing data, finding abnormalities, trends, areas for optimization, etc.
- Experience with API economies, integration and correlation of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors and employees
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience working with clients/customers to evaluate business needs and define requirements and prioritize appropriately
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a complex organization
- Ability to travel ~25%
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with Fault Detection Diagnostics (FDD) and/or advanced analytics
- Experience with BIM and / or Graphical Information Systems
- Cloud computing background
- Hands on experience or exposure to a variety of AI technologies
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience defining new business models based on technology
- Experience with machine learning methods
- Knowledge of applying software to building technologies (building knowledge, HVAC, Fire Life Safety, Security)
- Experience with Digital Twin Technology
Job ID: 193055
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.