We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Imagine, you are in a firmware team developing a revolutionary next generation of building automation. You are sharing and collaborating on Software within Siemens together with more than 24'000 developers as well as on Open Source and using a cutting-edge development environment. Your main focus is developing features running on powerful embedded Linux devices as well as in the cloud to #CreatingPerfectPlaces for every stage of life of our customers.
Your new responsibilities
- Develop, build and analyze smart IoT solution of a building automation Eco System from front-/backend to peripherals
- Selection and adaptation of Open- and Inner Source components and frameworks
- Contribute to Open Source and to our large Inner Source communities, open mindset like upstream first and foster teamwork
- Improve the CI/CD build pipeline with a strong focus on automation to ensure overall quality
- Member of an agile development team to launch a product in short time frame
Your skills and experience
- Engineering university degree (electrics, computer science or comparable)
- Knowledge and great interest in the latest IoT standards including concept and implementation e.g. W3C Web of Things (WoT), sematic description, ontologies
- In-depth knowledge of product design and implementation (OO, C++, Script) for embedded devices based on Linux (Yocto) and OSS
- A motivating and inspiring personality, being self-responsible and with the passion to contribute to the overall team effort
- Proficiency in English; solid German skills are desired
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 193109
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either