The Low Voltage & Systems Business Unit, located in Norcross, GA is growing steadily. It is seeking highly qualified and energetic Application Engineer for Low Voltage Business Segment. The Application Engineer will play a significant role in business generation of Low Voltage Switchgear, Switchboards, Panelboards by offering a solution that best fits our customer needs and ensuring competitive pricing.
The Application Engineer will work closely with Siemens Sales and customers in the industrial, construction and utility markets on technical, contractual and commercial issues.
The Application Engineer is responsible for business generation of Low Voltage Switchgear, Switchboards, and Panelboards through the following:
- Providing technical support to Siemens Sales and customers
- Analyze customer’s technical specifications and onelines, apply appropriate product offerings to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner, offer alternative solutions to optimize profitability while meeting customer needs.
- Follow up on opportunities to confirm if they have been won, lost or abandoned
- Update sales force with quotation information
- Assist with orders, once they are received to ensure expedient handover of order to project manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or Bachelor degree in Engineering Discipline.
2. 5+ overall years of prior professional experience
3. Possess basic level of technical knowledge with the application of electrical distribution products and systems.
4. Excellent team player and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
5. Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
6. Basic financial knowledge to understand and participate in ongoing business planning and support the product as well as project life cycle management processes.
7. Ability to identify market trends and using this information, work closely with Marketing and Technology to create and justify projects to close the identified gaps.
8. Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools, Sales force and product configuration/pricing applications.
9. Professional knowledge and understanding of Voltage, switchgear and switchboards is required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for LV Switchgear, LV Switchboard.
2. Knowledge and experience with the application of electrical distribution products and systems with a focus on Low voltage switchgear products in construction, industrial and utility related market segments.
3. Knowledge and experience with evaluating single line diagrams (SLD), relay PLC schemes, communication network diagrams (media & protocols)
4. Bilingual (Spanish and English) is preferred
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Job ID: 193219
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.