The Quality Technician is dedicated to ensuring products meet the required quality standards before they are sold to customers. This position reports directly to the Quality Manager/ Supervisor. In this role, you will review production documentation, conduct inspections, review rejected materials, support corrective action activities, conduct quality reporting, participate in process improvement initiatives, provide training, and have customer interaction. This role will report to our Quality Manager and will work on our 2nd shift – Monday through Thursday 5:30pm-4:00am to support our growth and projects. We’d love to have you join our team!
o Review job information such as sales order, production order, part numbers, labels, and drawings.
o Review documents for accuracy and completeness and maintains product traceability records.
o Inspect and verify product using checklists, standards, procedures and engineering documentation.
o Uses micrometers, calipers, and other various measuring equipment for inspection. Ensure calibrated tools are maintained.
- Prepare accurate inspection reports on time indicating acceptable items, parts requiring corrective work, or unacceptable items requiring quality review actions.
o Reject and segregate non-conforming material, prepare quality alerts and provide updates during material review board and production meetings.
o Assist manufacturing technicians on all quality problems, concerns, and issues.
o Prepare teams for external ISO audits.
o Conduct regular quality meetings with production teams.
o Investigate the root-cause of quality related issues.
o Generate and assist in the completion of corrective action reports. e.g. 4Ds/8Ds
o Prepare quality reports by compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, and charting using various computer software applications.
o Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
o Organize, lead, and/ or participate in process improvement projects.
o Train employees on new/revised ISO procedures, instructions, and/or forms
o Collaborate with supervisors to identify training needs for employees and/or department.
o Train others on the job and /or in a classroom setting. Support the development of training material and provide coaching.
o Conducting internal quality and safety audits
o Supporting new product introductions and First Article Inspections
o Communicating with customers, regulatory inspectors, suppliers, engineers, Supervisors and peers on quality topics
· Personal development and training – This role will be expected to pursue and achieve improved competency/ proficiency in a reasonable timeframe when required competencies are not fully met. This may include Siemens Internal training, 3rd party training, Certified Quality Technician (CQT) Certification, Siemens Quality Certifications, Lean Six Sigma Certification, UL Certification. Must be willing to attend outside training courses as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of dept functions and processes.
· 2-5 years of experience in a Quality assurance/ inspection role with knowledge of quality management systems/ concepts, ISO9001 or similar, and experience in the responsibilities listed above.
· 2-3 years of experience with electrical and mechanical assembly processes including reading and interpreting electrical schematics and mechanical drawings. Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings/blueprints is a must.
· 2-3 years of experience and proficiency in using measurement tools for mechanical assembly and part inspections including of calipers, micrometers, and other quality measurement tools along with judgement to determine the correct method.
Knowledge/ skills / abilities
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate technical information verbally and in writing with others at all levels of the organization, as well as customers and suppliers.
· Intermediate computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Analytical skills with knowledge of basic analytical methods and software including the ability to find relationships among seemingly unrelated events.
· Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Math skills with knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
· Knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations and procedures.
· Knowledge of training principles and methods.
· Strong mechanical aptitude.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Must be able and willing to work independently with minimal technical supervision.
· Ability to work under time constraints with changing priorities.
· Ability to work overtime on short notice, including weekends when required.
· Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
· Ability to multi-task while demonstrating strong organizational and time management skills including planning and prioritizing work.
· Ability to collaborate and work with others.
· Ability to recognize problems, risks and hazards.
· Must have a positive, enthusiastic approach to work.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Certified Quality Technician certification preferred. (ASQ)
· Knowledge of SAP preferred.
· Knowledge of lean principles and techniques for optimizing processes and eliminating waste.
· Basic knowledge of management techniques to accomplish goals and objectives
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to position or move; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for prolonged periods.
· The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· The employee is frequently required to use the computer.
· Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
· Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things using established standards and safety.
· Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment - Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, cranes, and hoist.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Is regularly exposed to mechanical parts that may be sharp
· Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions
· May involve the use of oils and solvents
· Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions. (Lab Coats provided)
· Generally, works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such
· Safety glasses and shoes are required
· Will require area specific safety training
- This position works in a manufacturing environment
Job ID: 193269
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.