Cincinnati Fire & Security Commissioning Technician
Siemens is seeking a Service Engineering / Commissioning Specialist to support the Fire and Security Team in the Cincinnati/Dayton area. In this dynamic role, you will provide advanced expertise and knowledge throughout the Service Agreement and project lifecycle. You will utilize new/existing tools, standards and procedures, and provide daily customer support for contract and project customers with scheduling estimating, designing, tracking, start-up, and commissioning along a wide range of project types. Additionally, you will also act as a technical resource to the Branch team and customer as needed.
- Analyzes project plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements.
- Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
- Designs primarily small service building Fire and Security systems consisting of system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operation, and panel layouts to meet the intent of project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Creates system database and job-related programming for computer-based building Fire and Security systems.
- Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical, or networking problems.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes.
- Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed. Coordinates work with subcontractors.
- Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
- May be responsible for training and providing guidance to engineering assistants and other specialists.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- 3+ years of experience in the installation and maintenance of Fire and Security Systems and products.
- Required travel: 20%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Understands process of construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and job financial reports.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Degree or Certificate in Fire Systems, NICET cert's
- Degree or Certificate in Security system operation, installation, and maintenance
Job ID: 193299
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.